Friday, September 11, 2009

Checkup @ Week 31

Last obstetric visit was a non-event. I was attended to by Dr John Su (Su Si Chang) at Clinic C.

Travelled 45 mins there, waited almost an hour, in and out of the Doctor's office in under 5 minutes.

I printed out the revised Birth Plan for the Doctor to follow, only to have him glance at it for 2 secs to figure out what it was, then declare, "Sorry, I'm afraid you cannot follow it."

I defended that I've first cleared it with the nurses at the ante-natal class to see what was feasible in KKH before submitting this plan. Only then did he have a second glance while the attending nurse prepared me for the Doppler scan to hear the baby's heartbeat.

After hearing the heartbeat, the Dr Su explained that what's in my list is already what KK does. There's no need to have the birth plan.

I'm very disappointed at the doctor's initial response. Subsidized patient means part of the fee is paid by government, doesn't mean they're paid any less. How can he discount the service quality as well?

Other than that, he says everything seems smooth so far, and gave me an appointment 4 weeks later. I thought I would be seeing Doctor every 2 weeks from now on, in 3rd trimester, but no, wrong again. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. That's the reason I do not believe in the doctors 100% !

    ReplyDelete