Sunday, August 15, 2010

Turning board book pages

I was reading Jeffrey Archers Honour Among Thieves in bed yesterday. Ning kept trying to get the book, which I held high enough to avoid her little grabbing hands. I explained these pages are thin and easily torn, so she cannot have it, and I started reading out loud.

After a while she gave up and crawled over to her own board books placed, as always atop the bedside box, and started playing with it. Or so I thought.

I started noticing she wasn't putting them in her mouth as usual. So I asked if she'd like me to read "Twinkle twinkle" to her and waited for her to give me or dump the book. Instead, she painstakingly turned the book right she up and I quickly read the title. After that, her fingers were trying to "scratch" the second page towards her. Using this method she managed to turn 3 of 4 pages (6 pages if including cover) of the board book!

She repeated this with "This Little Pig" in the living room on a separate occasion. Looks like we can give her more new reading materials!

1 comment: