Monday, August 23, 2010

Swollen eyelid from mosquito bite

Her right eyelid swell up yesterday morning from a mosquito bite. It was red and angry.

I left her to sleep after feeding and potting her @ 0815hrs. When I returned from marketing around 0945hrs, she was awake with Pa and the eye was swollen already.

Initially we thought she had an eye infection and she kept trying to rub her eyes. She could barely open her eye. I was in a really hurry to bring her to the hospital for a check up. Her father was concerned but surprisingly calm under the circumstance.

We waited and see.

Her eyeball was unaffected. That was a relief. And the swelling reduced by about 1700hrs. When she finally napped at 1725hrs, I snuck a peek under the eyelid (Popo suggested might be heaty pimple), nothing. As I brushed my finger lightly across her lid, it found a bump, typical of a mosquito bite. Mean nasty mosquito!!!

Papa killed one really full mosquito later, I hope that was the guilty criminal.

When she woke around 2000hrs, the double eyelids were once again apparent, although it was still red. She slept around 2230hrs last night and woke up at 0730hrs this morning.

She's all better this morning. Phew.

1 comment: