Monday, August 23, 2010

Okay! Actually sounds like 'mmm (o)kay'

We didn't realize it until the 9m development assessment. The nurse turned to us and asked if we're okay with an appointment date and time for the next assessment. Ning excitedly went 'mm (o)kay'!

I wasn't aware, I thought she was her usual self, babbling in excitement.

The nurse got excited, "Wow, she said 'Okay!'". And tried to ask her differently, "Do you agree?" but Ning only bounced up and down my leg showing her excitement by gleefully 'hyperventilating'.

Wow. I missed the word, aiyah.

On the topic of communication, she now regularly shakes her head for "No". It's very funny most of the time, frustrating at times when you say "It's bathtime!" after running the water.

After note:
Realized she picked it up from me, I have a habit of saying, "Mmm, okay". It hit me only when I said it myself after potting her, then settling her down for milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment