Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Serious separation anxiety

Ning's got a really serious case of separation anxiety. As soon as I leave her side, she starts crying and crawls after me.

If she even suspects I'm going to leave the room, she'll crawl over and try to sit on me. Usually if I'm sitting on the floor or bed, she'll sit on my thigh. If she's leaning over getting a toy nearby, her buttocks will still be on me. When I'm lying down, she'll either sit or lie face down on my stomach.

When I go to the toilet or deposit her nappy into the laundry basket, she crawls all across the living and dining room to me. She follows me everywhere, mostly crying, but sometimes calmly if I wait for her every few steps.

This phase is quite endearing if only I didn't need to go to the bathroom so often or cook.

Tomorrow will be a challenge. It's both laundry and cooking day.

No comments:

Post a Comment