Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Tips for clearer meat-based soups

Yesterday I got a tip or 2 from my primary school classmate on how to remove scum from basic Chinese herbal soup. I tried it out this morning. And I think it worked.

The tip was boil the meats in water for 5 minutes before putting it in my soup pot.
I thought it might hold me back coz I really need to hurry in the morning but with a bit of planning, it didn't hold me back at all.
Just needed to put water to boil before my 10-minute bathroom routine.
The second tip was to freeze to remove the oils from top layer. This one I cannot use yet. If only some invents an ice blow torch that'd do the trick! Blow freeze the surface, scrape away the oils and fats and the soup below still stays hot. Any inventors interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment