Thursday, May 14, 2009

Week 14 Heartbeat heard

This morning, woke up by diarrhea before 0630hrs. Must've been the leftover coleslaw from lunch that I ate for dinner...

We got a morning appointment, 0940hrs, reached @ 0930hrs.
We waited until 12:15 before we saw the doctor. Today it is almost a lady doctor, Evelyn, until they changed the sign on the room door to Dr Eugene Huang. Sigh.

My blood test confirmed I am a beta thallasemia carrier. We brought Lougong's past health screening results, and he examined the haemoglobin section, his report was clear :) So, Dr Huang advised that our baby will definitely not have thallasemia major, and 25% chance of being a carrier.

This doctor was more patient and warm, however, he appeared quite green, confirming with the nurse every now and then on what's next. :P It's okay lah, I don't mind, better careful than sorry, we all have to start somewhere ;)

Then he scanned for heartbeat, at first, I hear a slow pulsing sound, then he found it, the galloping sound of the baby's heart beat!!! Wow, it sounded really like a horse's gallop! Sigh :) That's enough for me.

We were a little disappointed we didn't get an ultrasound that day. Lougong and I were and still are debating the gender of the baby and can't wait to be proven right! Maybe the next one, it's 5 weeks from now...

2 comments:

  1. I guess the baby is a boy => XY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think it's a girl, 50-50 :P

    ReplyDelete