Saturday, June 27, 2009

We've passed the 20 week mark!

Half way there already!
Ooh...

My tummy is noticeably bigger, the baby's movements are unmistakeably more distinct now. And most importantly, this Thursday, 25/6, Lougong felt the baby move for the first time just before sleeping. We were expecting to feel it, like the book said for 1st timers, between 21-23 weeks.

Work's been quite demanding. Although I have finally been able to sleep thru the night at the start of this week i.e. Monday, I'm still pretty worn out by the end of the day. Hopefully, after next week, some normalcy would resume and I can begin my exercises and cooking again :)

This is also the week that the numbness I've been feeling on/off the past 2 weeks become more intense. Checked out with the doctor, she says it's water retention. I've been feeling numb in my feet and hands, especially in the night, my right hand actually hurts when I grasp the bolster or the toothbrush in the morning. It's like wearing a very tight glove, and hurts like your nerves are going to break on stretching. Doctor confirmed my suspicion of carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), guess the recent weeks of work aggravated the symptoms with increased use of the mouse & keyboard doing all the system testing. Oh and by the end of the day, my feet, the toe half, feels as if there's very cold chilly rubbed on it. Doctor, being conservative, wanted to prescribe me medication to alleviate the symptoms, but as long as it's not something detrimental to the fetus or myself, just discomfort, I'd rather go without it. She agreed with me and let me off without the prescription.

Lougong's been really caring, bringing me whatever I need, massaging my feet, though he previously believed my numbness was because I slept on my hand :P Since the doctor confirmed it, he's been more symphatetic :)

Sigh, feeling the baby move, has been my perk of this whole week.
Kept feeling my tummy for the baby's movement. Sometimes, so frequent and often, it seems like she's putting up a show, disco dancing or something in there :D

*sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Well done WH. :)

    Thank you for taking care of my Zeze. I'm sure you think, 'of course!', nevertheless, I'm grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: Ze, take care of your wrist. Try and take some time off to just do that hand wriggling thingie mummy taught us to do long time ago when we would get tired writing.

    ReplyDelete