Saturday, July 04, 2009

Thoughts while expecting

I love children :)
Hmm, maybe not when they misbehave :P
I love children!

We've been waiting and planning for this baby for the longest time :)
After birth I'll take up to 18 months leave to nurse her till she's ready for childcare. Then I'll work part-time, probably half-days :) So that I can spend more time with her.

On Work
So far, my Bosses have no objections to my request and I can take up to 12 months of no-pay leave for childcare, in addition to whatever maternity leave and vacation leave I'm entitled to i.e. minimum 14+ months. I'm so glad. My colleagues have been really kind and supportive during my pregnancy so far. One even offers to buy snacks for me during tea time, almost daily.

Lougong has also agreed that if I am granted the leave, he will support me quite early on. Hope you still remember ;)

On Family Support
Lougong's Mummy's resigning from her waitressing work at the hotel restaurant to help us out after the birth of the Huas' first grandchild. I'm thankful that she's so readily taken up the challenge, sacrificing her social life in KL and coming to Singapore to help out.

From her last visit 2 weeks ago, I could tell, she wouldn't miss the job, but what she will miss most is the socializing on the job, her regular customers, her sisters-in-crime (no lah, just a bunch of really good buddies who's been thru a lot with her) and finally, though she did not say it that obviously, Papa, Ah B and Ah Da. Hee hee, as for Ah Lit, you're going to NUS, and hmm, maybe she'll ask you to come home for dinner during the weekends ;) So, do be prepared to keep your weekend meal times free hor.

Mummy and BB have both been really supportive, reassuring me that all I need is to ask, they'll go along with whatever plans I have. Baba's a little uncertain of how to small talk bout the baby till, maybe, when he can carry the little one in his arms :) They're all coming down after the birth of the baby.

I'd like to have all of you with me when the baby arrives, but my 2 guest rooms can only fit 2 couples +/- 1/2 children comfortably. Need to give accomodation and logistics a little bit more thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment