Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pregnancy Symptoms @ Week 23

I went to KK for my check-up appointment. This round, it was relatively fast :)

Doctor asked me if I had...
any concerns/complaints?
any leaking fluids/bleeding?
enough supplements?

And then proceeded to listen to the babies heartbeat using the Doppler machine.

My only concerns were:
1. Numbness in my hands and difficulty (sometimes painful) in bending fingers...
2. Floaters, like worms of silvery light snaking up on my peripheral vision whenever I just get up, sneeze or cough. I read an article in the papers just the day before that this can be dangerous and may indicate a tear in the retina.

Doctor assured me it's normal. Baby's probably pressing on certain nerves causing all these. I should only be concern if my water retention/numbness is accompanied by obvious red inflammation, or high blood pressure.

*phew*

It concurred with my previous consultation. I'm more at ease now.

Moving on with the remaining 4 months :D

No comments:

Post a Comment