Saturday, October 09, 2010

Back to Bits cards...

After the fun long weeks with Popo & Gong Gong, and after seeing her demonstrate her amazing ability to understand and show her understanding, Mummy is determined to get back on track with the Bits (Bits of Intelligence) cards.

After going thru this for 4 months, I thought I'd be an expert at flashing those Bits, but I'm wrong. I'm still fumbling, it's too smooth for me to quickly pull and show.

Only those Bits in plastic wrap, I can flip up to speed :)

And she's showing something else when she doesn't want to look at the bits.
She's turning away from the old bits! The new bits, she'll look for a split second.
The older bits, she refuses to see, and looks for other things to look at.

Have reached the 94 dot card. Almost finishing with Wild Animals, then move on to Opposites or Colours. We're almost done with Primates (I) and Flowers (I), our third and fourth set.

Am currently doing the following (on average) daily:
2 sets of 5 dot cards, 2-3 times
2 sets of 5 english words, 2-3 times
2 sets of 3 multiplication with dots, once (this one she always looks)

I divide them into to sets each, so each session, I do one set each. Sometimes, if she's distracted, I'd split them into more sessions. Am taking it easy over weekends, as the father frequently distracts her, although I'd sneak in one session or two when he's in the shower or out running errands.

I'd put her in the bumbo seat, so she couldn't get up and explore freely, then quickly flash her those cards. I had to get those flashed cards out of sight, or she'll look at them instead of my new set.

Am considering starting Chinese words. I asked Ning if she wanted to see Chinese cards as well, and she nodded quickly. However, we haven't been using Mandarin around the house often, so we need to figure out how to integrate Mandarin in our learning. She always looked perplexed when I start talking to her entirely in Mandarin.

Papa speaks to her in Cantonese whenever we're home together.

Have to figure this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment