Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hitting Mummy (with books, palm, etc)

Mummy is bruised in the right eye from Shay Ning's hits.

Okay, I'm partly to blame.

I'm tired and sleepy, and she wants to read. When a nudge and "Momma" doesn't get her what she wants, she use the book to hit Mummy, usually in the eyes. As if willing me to wake.

Yesterday's hit was quite heavy, board books, and I can feel a deep bruise under the right eye. I was furious, said "That was painful!", took the book and threw it into the cot, out of her reach. Then turned away. She looked taken aback, then she tried to kiss me. Awww. Felt so guilty right after. I got up immediately, wake myself up, wash face, and played with her instead of wishing she'd take a nap.

Sigh, the joys of motherhood.

Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment