Monday, February 08, 2010

Playing with Shay Ning to sleep

Discovered last Friday that exercising her can make her tire and sleep more easily, without having us to carry / rock her to sleep. So far, she's only been falling asleep after feeding and rocking. Playing has never ended peacefully.

How do you exercise a baby? I don't know. She likes to kick and fling her arms around a lot.

So, I sing and do the same with her limbs :) She likes it especially when I do dance/kungfu moves with her legs. Her arms, if you move it like she's very excited / drumming, she likes that too :)

I've also been pulling her up to sitting position by her hands in bed. At first, her head just hangs back, now she's able to hold her hed for quite a long time. She can even bring it close to her hand and try to suck at it :P

Being able to put her to sleep with play rather than have her cry and rock to sleep really boosts my confidence. Twice, while playing, her eyes droops, so I lower the singing volume, slow down a bit and quite quickly she'll close her eyes to sleep.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment