Thursday, March 31, 2011

Imaginative play?

She's been 'feeding' her soft toys, mostly teddy bears and other animals, whatever she eats since we returned from Chinese New Year in Malaysia. I think that's when she was about 14 or 15 months. It'd be really cute, she'd be gulping down her Yakult from the straw, when suddenly, she'd try to feed the ballerina on her shirt through the straw.

This week, when we were thumbing through the Dora the Explorer books, and saw a cake with candles on it, I said "cake", then she "scratched" the cake, brought her hand to her mouth, and make "um yam um" noises! She's pretending to eat the cake! She would also bring the Baby Pooh, sit her up, then tilt her so she falls down, and say "uh oh". Then see what Mummy does, which was to pick it up, kiss her head with a loud "muacks".

After that, I'd see her put her head to the floor carefully, buttocks high in the air, then lie down and say "uh oh". Then she'd stand up and tap her head, and say "uh oh", bringing Mummy on to kiss her head. Funny girl.

On a sadder note, yesterday, I was very tired, body aching all over and didn't have enough sleep. I just wanted to sleep, but she kept coming for me. She cried loudly when I try to sleep in the bedroom and closed the door so she couldn't get out. Then I tried to let her watch BabyTV by herself while I slept on the couch, but she kept coming to me for milk. Serves Mummy right for sleeping past mid night the day before. The worse, is yet to come, I shouted at her when she pushed the bowl of soup and it spilt on my leg and floor. Mummy is so regretful. Slept at 10pm last night to make sure Mummy gets enough sleep.

Hope today will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment