Thursday, April 09, 2015

My New Canon SLR for RM1080, plus Photo Printer!

When I was still pregnant, I wanted a photo printer so that I didn't have to either pay $1 for a 4R photo or else accumulate 100 pieces to print at $0.20 a piece. It is outright disgusting the way they price the photos.
So rather than fume over prices or risk not printing at all, I checked with my brother-in -law who works in Mid Valley selling cameras, to help keep an eye out for any good offers or deals. To my delight soon after the following promotion was started!
Canon EOS 1200D with 18-55 IS II
RM1080 (or any selected SLRs) came with a FREE Canon CP910 printer (worth RM350)! Which meant the camera was even cheaper than a point-and-shoot camera!
I didn't have time to fiddle much with the camera or learn to properly be able to use its full capabilities. I must admit my main use for the camera is to capture indoor pictures of my children. Probably the only function I will ever use, at least til I have time to properly get acquainted with a charming photographer like Simon Yam to teach me the finer details of photography, or enrol myself in a SLR photography course, is the QA mode.
I cannot ramble enough about this Creative Auto mode. It is very simple to set up. It takes great photos indoors, blurs out background (see me messing with baby below, camera timed 10 shot bursts with background blur), selectively focus on my subjects of adoration and takes bursts of photos on timer! We can monkey around after the first proper shot without setting the camera again!
And then at the end of the month, I select 10 photos or so to print out and post to the grandparents! Love the Selphy which sits nicely in a shoebox (from Daiso) when not in use under my coffee table. I love it when things stowaway nicely when not in use. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment