Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Transition from Breast to Bottle

I have been reading, pondering and planning the transition since Ning would only do certain things with me. Okay, most things, from bathing, to brushing her teeth, eating and going for her gym classes.

I feel that the baby shouldn't go out for the short trips out like gym or grocery shopping where it is crowded. Lougong can feed/ care for baby at home, while I bring Ning to gym instead of bringing the whole entourage including baby gear out.

So yesterday, I thawed and warmed, 100ml of milk and tried bottle feeding, more to let him try the sensation of having the silicone nipple in mouth. He didn't reject it, though he managed to drink 10ml in the first 15 minutes after pushing, mouthing, licking, sucking and spitting out loads of saliva. By the end of 1 hour, he only emptied another 5ml.

Will try again today during the afternoon feed. Got tips? Leave me a comment ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment