Saturday, July 10, 2010

Baa... baa... (for 2 straight days in a row)

black sheep? No, it's for Papa. In Cantonese, Papa's pronounced more like "Baba".

We were back from more than a week of visiting the grandparents in Malaysia and she was away from Papa for more than 5 days. After which she spent 6 straight days with Papa at home, plus 1 more day in Singapore when I had my fever (3rd engorgement since labor day) and Papa took care of her most of that day.

So when Papa went back to work on Thursday, she was calling for Papa in the day and in the evenings. She would stare at the bathroom door, when I left it opened after bathing her, and the bedroom entrance in the evening. Both places where she most frequently sees her Papa appear.

I had to call Papa on the telephone when she's frustrated that her "Baba"s went unanswered and my explanation does not pacify her. Then when Papa's voice is broadcasted over the speaker phone, her face lights up with the brightest 2-teeth smile.

I keep falling in love with this little girl.

Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Ning Ning, Ba Ba, Ma Mee...
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Lougong, you'd better teach her fast! I'm getting soooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete