Wednesday, July 28, 2010

She understands our conversations

Yesterday, I was talking to Popo on the phone (speaker mode) in Cantonese and Popo asked me to 'lock' Ning in the cot if I needed to cook or do other household chores. I said she'd cry, Popo says it's okay, she'd settle down. Ning started to cry inconsolably when she was happily mouthing her rattle away earlier. I had to assure her that I haven't put her in her cot for a very long time and won't be doing that just to do chores. Then she stopped crying.

By the way, when I do cook, she sits on the high chair with me in the kitchen. I'd give her a pot or lid to bang with a spoon. I'd let her sit on the floor if I was going to be quick, otherwise, it's the high chair. I'm also quite a 'messy' cook, tend to flick water all over the place, and pieces of cut vegetables may fall on the floor. So, these are the reasons for the high chair.

Today, she was playing with her telephone rattle before bath. After bath, I dried her on the bed beside her fresh jumper and the rattle. She kept picking up the jumper to gum the collar. To get her off the jumper, I asked her, "Why don't you play with your telephone rattle? It's been waiting for you since before you bathed." And she immediately rolled over to get the rattle and let me dress her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment