Sunday, July 04, 2010

New fruits, choking and throwing up

This week, Shay Ning got to try guava, apple and green pear as stick pieces, thanks to Gong Gong. However, when she was trying to eject a bitten off piece of guava, she choked and threw up the most since birth. The offending piece was only 2mm thick, and about 1.2cm long. Her face turned red, a very dark red. I was very alarmed but kept calm because I need to control what I do in order not to worsen the situation.

Today, we tried with scraped papaya and it happened again, she threw up on Papa, who didn't really believed me when I recounted the ordeal. All Papa said was "You should watch her more closely". It's like saying, you're not doing your job well.

I'm saying she's NOT READY for SOLIDS and to do my job well, I AM NOT FEEDING HER ANY MORE SOLIDS TILL I THINK SHE'S READY!

How many times must she choke and throw up before you'll give up on the idea she is? You yourself said every baby is different. Why must you insist that she start her solids 'like other babies'?! Why can't I start her when "I" feel she's ready?!

I'm so hurt. I'm her mother.

Why must I listen to what others have to say thru you, when you yourself don't want to feed her?! Why must I prepare food and force her to finish them when you don't even want to feed her anymore?

Why don't you listen to me instead?

I'm so upset about this.

1 comment:

  1. we should continue with the cereal but not hard solid fruit like guava.

    ReplyDelete