Friday, July 23, 2010

Preparing for Ning's learning

This is the first time I'm writing on helping Ning learn to read and do math. I started with the physical program when she was 5 months old after reading Glenn Doman's "How Smart is Your Baby".

Took me some time to source for used cards within my budget (original costs SGD2,700). Found some old posts on forum but was usually too late. Finally a set from 6years ago that has all I needed for one-fifth of the retail price and started using them when she was 6 months old.

The set has the following:
1) "How to teach your baby to Read" English Kit (Volume 1 & 2)
2) "How to teach your baby to Read" Chinese Kit (Volume 1 & 2)
3) "How to teach your baby Math" Kit
4) "How to give your baby Encyclopaedic Knowledge" Kit (10 sets)

I was told the latest copies of the reading kits contained over a thousand words and my set from 6 years ago only had about six hundred and a little more. It was enough for me to get started, I thought. Once her sight has developed considerably, will make slideshows or own A4 cards :)

No comments:

Post a Comment