Friday, July 23, 2010

Ning's learning program

I started with the English reading program, following the book to the T, and then added Math, following the notes that came with the cards.

However, I had a problem finding 15 happy sessions half an hour apart. So it quickly dwindled down to 2 sets of 5 words i.e. 6 sessions per day, and another 6 sessions with the Math dot cards. You really need to flash very quickly. I'd lose her after the third card, meaning, she'd start looking at other things.

In between the beginning and now, I've also stopped and restarted Math cards, tried 3reading cards per session, 2 sets per day. Then decided to follow the book on 5 cards per set and hone my flashing speed.

Most of the time, if she seems to be in the mood, I'd do as many sets back to back. If she's not in the mood, I'd stop and wait at least 15 minutes for the next session.

And it's sort of evolved to 2 sets of 5 English words, 2 sets of 5 dot cards and 3 sets of 3 equations. She's particularly interested in the dot cards (crawled to them in favor of camera or phone or colourful musical Lamaze flowers) and especially attentive with the addition equations (just started 3 days ago).

I hear her waking, gotta stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment